Wednesday 9 November 2011

Ex-hostage Dyer - Am still angry


Former Seychellois hostage Patrick Dyer, who spent 88 days in Somalia held pirates, speaks for the first time about his experience.

In an emotional interview with LSH, Mr Dyer recalls the ordeals he endured together with his six colleagues from the Indian Ocean Explorer.

Here is an excerpt of his interview to be published this Friday.

When I see them on the television I get very angry. I would like to talk to them and explain how their counterparts treated me badly. Here they are eating in a plate and sleeping on a bed. They can brush their teeth, have a shower every day and watch TV, compared to our situation. The captain (Francis Roucou) and I were in the desert, sleeping on a dirty mat under the sky.”

No comments:

Post a Comment